If there’s one thing we love about Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, it’s that the creatures in the wild look like they do in the games. If you saw a creature that looked like a rodent but was the size of, say, a dog, you would be pretty freaked out, and we like that the latest entry addresses that. Also, this idea seems to be catching on, as Pokémon GO is now starting to do the same thing.
As part of a new addition to the mobile game, some wild Pokémon now comes in two new sizes: XXS and XXL. If you catch a Poochyena, Mightyena, or Mawile, it might be a little bigger or smaller than you expected. Everyone, stand up for the little guys!
A new animation will make it easier to tell if the Pokemon you are looking at is a big guy or a little guy when it is going into battle. @SerebiiNet posted an example of this signifier on Twitter.
— Serebii.net (@SerebiiNet) December 8, 2022
This new feature also has a new size tracker in the Pokédex. This lets you keep track of the biggest and smallest Pokémon you have caught in the wild.
Go to the Pokémon GO Blog or read the following from Niantic to learn more about what this update adds to the game:
- Trainers can now encounter Poochyena, Mightyena, and Mawile in XXS and XXL sizes.
- New Animations for Meeting Pokémon: When a Trainer meets an XXS or XXL Pokémon, they will see new animations.
- Size Differences You can see that XXS and XXL Pokémon are smaller or bigger than their normal sizes when you meet them or take them on an adventure.
- Pokédex Size Tracking – Trainers’ Pokédex will now start tracking the sizes of the Pokémon they’ve caught.
- Trainers who catch XXS or XXL Pokémon will get a new message of congratulations when they break their records by catching at least three of any one Pokémon.
- Trainers might meet a Shiny Pokémon if they’re lucky.
Currently, the size feature is only available for three Pokémon, but we hope it will become available for more Pokémon soon. If there’s one thing we need from the game, it’s to make an army of tiny Pokemon!
How do you feel about this new thing? Leave your big or small thoughts in the comments section below! Stay tuned to our website Nog Magazine.com for more related updates.