Apple has made big changes to the Messages app in macOS Ventura. It now has some features that other messaging apps have had for years. One of these changes is that iMessages can now be changed. Read on to find out how it works.
Almost everyone who uses a cell phone has sent a text message only to realize right away that it didn’t mean what they thought it did because of a simple typo. In this way, Apple’s iMessage service worked the same on older versions of macOS and iOS as it does now. In other words, there was nothing you could do once the message was sent.
Luckily, iOS 16 and macOS Ventura don’t work like that. Apple now lets you change a message you sent up to 15 minutes after you sent it. This is the first time you’ve been able to do this. But there are a few things you should know about the edit function described below before you use it. First, it only works with iMessages, not SMS messages, so both people must have an Apple device for it to work.
Second, people who want to edit messages must be using the most recent versions of Apple’s software, such as iOS 16, iPadOS 16, macOS Ventura, and watchOS 9. People using an older version of iOS or Android will see the text “Edited to [text]” when they get an iMessage that has been changed.
Third, and this may be the most important for some, when you edit a message, the edit history is sent to the recipient along with the edit, so the original content is still visible. When someone gets a message that has been edited, they can tap on the small blue “Edited” label to see the history of changes, or they can tap Hide Edits to hide it.
- How To Organize Contacts Into Lists on iPhone And iPad? (Complete Guide 2023)
- How To Share Your Location Via Satellite With Find My?
How To Edit A Sent iMessage?
Keeping all of that in mind, here’s how to change a sent iMessage on a Mac running macOS Ventura. (They are the same as the steps for iOS 16 in the same way.)
- When the Messages app is open, choose the conversation thread where the message you want to change was sent.
- Right-click or Ctrl-click on the message you sent that you want to change. (If you don’t see the option, it means you sent the message more than 15 minutes ago and can’t change it.)
- Choose Edit from the menu that pops up.
- Change what you want in the input field, then click the blue checkmark on the right to confirm. Tap the grey X on the left if you don’t want to change the message.
Keep following our website NogMagazine.com for more updates.