At the 22nd Tokyo Game Show, Square Enix showed off Octopath Traveler II. The first gameplay was shown. We have 20 minutes of new RPG footage.
Some facts about Octopath Traveler II are as follows:
In Octopath Traveler II, players will go on an exciting journey through the brand-new world of Solistia. This game was made by the same people who made the popular first one, which has sold over three million copies worldwide*. It improves the series’ famous HD-2D graphics by putting retro 2D characters in a beautiful 3D world. The game’s new story, characters and features make it a great way to start playing the series for new players while keeping the charm of the first game for those who have already played it. Players will be able to follow the adventures of eight different main characters as they explore the world and defeat enemies in strategic turn-based battles.
- Break & Boost Battle System – Players must use strategy to find weaknesses in their enemies and “Break” them to do more damage and “Boost” their travelers to improve their abilities.
- Path Actions – Players can talk to NPCs in different ways worldwide by using actions specific to each character. Path: Actions will depend on who the main character is and if it is day or night.
- Brand-New Story and Characters – Players can go on a big adventure in the new land of Solistia and follow the stories of eight new travelers: Hikari (Warrior), Agnea (Dancer), Partitio (Merchant), Osvald (Scholar), Throné (Thief), Temenos (Cleric), Ochette (Hunter), and Castti (Apothecary).
- Day/Night Cycle – The townscapes and Path Actions that each character can use will change depending on whether it is day or night. This gives players more chances to explore and find new things.
- Latent Power – A new battle element in which characters can unleash a powerful ability once the ability’s gauge fills up during combat.
- Crossed Paths- As the main characters’ journey goes on, more stories will happen between them, tying their stories together even more.
Octopath Traveler II Release Date
Octopath Traveler II is scheduled to be released on February 24, 2023, and it will be compatible with the PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and personal computers.
Octopath Traveler 2 announced for Nintendo Switch!
Release date: February 24, 2023. pic.twitter.com/wP3hQvHMiq
— Octopath Traveler (@octopathrpg) September 13, 2022
Octopath Traveler II Gameplay Trailer
Watch how Octopath Traveler II is played at TGS below.
The above information is about the” Octopath Traveler II” release date, trailer and more. We hope that this information is helpful for you. If you have any queries about our post, ask them in our comment section and check the gaming section for more updates.
Stay tuned for more updates on nogmagazine.com.
Jessa Martin is the author of Nogmagazine, A professional in writing by day, and novelist by night, she received her bachelor of arts in film from Howard University and her master of arts in media studies from the New School. A Brooklyn native, she is a lover of naps, cookie dough, and beaches, currently residing in the borough she loves, most likely multitasking.