The Mega Millions jackpot has grown even more. After Tuesday night’s drawing, where there was no big winner, the top prize in the lottery game went up to about $1.35 billion.
If someone wins the huge prize, it would be Mega Millions‘ second-biggest jackpot. It would also be the fourth biggest prize in the history of the U.S. lottery.
The estimated $1.35 billion jackpot would only be paid out as an annuity over 29 years to the person who wins. Most jackpot winners choose to get their money in cash, which is estimated to be $707.9 million for Friday night’s drawing. The top prize in the game has gone up because no one has won the Mega Millions jackpot since October. This means that the prize has grown to over 25 drawings.
Mega Millions Winning Numbers For 1/10/23
On Tuesday night, the winning numbers were 7, 13, 14, 15, 18, Mega Ball: 9, and Megaplier: 3.
Did Anyone Win Mega Millions Tuesday Night?
Tuesday night, no one won the estimated $1.1 billion jackpot, so it grew to an estimated $1.35 billion.
Even though there was no jackpot winner on Tuesday, more than 6 million other tickets won prizes ranging from $2 million to $3 million, according to the lottery game.
16 tickets across the country matched all five white balls except the gold Mega Ball to win the game’s second-tier prize of $1 million. The optional Megaplier, which tripled winnings on Tuesday, made three tickets worth $3 million each. People in Connecticut, Florida, and New York bought the $3 million tickets.
The Next Chance Is Friday The 13th
People who believe in superstitions might want to keep a close eye on the next Mega Millions drawing, which will happen on Friday the 13th.
Mega Millions says that six of its jackpots have been won on Friday the 13th over the years.
On Friday, it will have been seven years since three tickets shared what was then the biggest lottery jackpot in U.S. history. Three people won the $1.586 billion Powerball prize on January 13, 2016, which was not a Friday but instead a Wednesday. One of the winners was from Melbourne Beach.
How To Play Mega Millions Game?
To play Mega Millions, players choose six numbers, or they can let the lottery machine choose them for them.
- There will be five numbers from 1 to 70. (white balls)
- One number from 1 to 25 can be chosen (gold Mega Ball)
If all six of the winning numbers from the drawing are on your ticket, you’ll win the jackpot. There are also smaller prizes, which depend on how many numbers you match.
— Harry A Dunn 🖤 (@libradunn) January 13, 2023
Each ticket for Mega Millions costs $2. For $1, you can add the Megaplier, which can increase your possible prize by up to five times the original prize (except for the jackpot).
What Are My Chances of Winning?
Even though the big jackpot might be tempting, you should know that your chances of winning are very low.
- There are 302,575,350 to 1 odds of getting the jackpot.
- 12,607,306 to 1 are the odds of matching all five white balls.
Top 10 Mega Millions jackpots
Here are the 10 biggest Mega Millions jackpots:
- $1.537 billion, Oct. 23, 2018: Won in South Carolina.
- $1.35 billion (estimated): Jan 13
- $1.337 billion: July 29, 2022: Won in Illinois.
- $1.05 billion, Jan. 22, 2021: Won in Michigan.
- $656 million, March 30, 2012: Three winners in Illinois, Kansas, Maryland.
- $648 million, Dec. 17, 2013: Two winners in California, Georgia.
- $543 million, July 24, 2018: Won in California.
- $536 million, July 8, 2016: Won in Indiana.
- $533 million: March 30, 2018: Won in New Jersey.
- $522 million: June 7, 2019: Won in California.
Keep following our webiste NogMagazine.com for more related updates.