The chef from Florida who participated in the third season of the cooking competition series went away on July 22, according to his obituary. He had 46 years on him. His mother Susan informed the Miami Herald that Kleinberg passed away after a heart attack. She told the newspaper, “I am just learning how many lives he affected. He was wed to his life’s love, which was cooking.
Top Chef expressed respect on social media after learning of Kleinberg’s demise. The Bravo program’s official Twitter account sent a message saying, “The #TopChef family is heartbroken to learn of the sudden loss of Howard Kleinberg from season three.” Howie’s love of cooking touched a lot of people, and we send his family and friends our sincere condolences.
Kleinberg was educated in culinary arts at Johnson & Wales University and was born in South Florida, according to the Miami Herald. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, Timo, Ivy Aventura, and the Food Gang are just a few of the hotels and restaurants where he has worked after beginning his career at the InterContinental Miami hotel. In reference to his early years at the InterContinental Miami, he previously told Southeast Food Service News, “They handed me a chef’s knife and next thing I know, I was hooked.”
Top Chef’s Howard Kleinberg has died from a heart attack at age 46. pic.twitter.com/kjSeBPwHPX
— Spur Play (@spurplay) July 27, 2022
- ‘Leave It To Beaver’ Star Tony Dow Still Alive, Wife Mistakenly ‘Believed’ He Was Dead
- Euphoria Season 2: Release Date, Spoilers, Cast, Trailer And Plot
Kleinberg then participated in Top Chef: Miami, where he took ninth place. Later, he became a cook at Smokey Bones and The Anderson before opening his own eatery, Bulldog Barbecue. He also took part in the South Beach Wine and Food Festival throughout time. According to his obituary, Kleinberg is survived by his mother, stepfather, sister, and their children. On July 26, there was a funeral service.