8-year-old Australian Boy Electrocuted at Fiji Resort

An 8-year-old Australian Boy has died from suspected electrocution while on holiday at Fiji Resort.

The boy was from Sydney and was staying with his parents at the Club Wyndham Denarau Island Resort on the west coast of the main island of Fiji.

Fiji police claimed he was found laying “motionless” near a flower garden at the hotel last Thursday. He was rushed to a hospital in the nearby city of Nadi but could not be revived.

8-year-old Australian Boy Electrocuted at Fiji Resort
8-year-old Australian Boy Electrocuted at Fiji Resort

As per sources, some statements are coming out related to this incident.

“Initial information gathered is that the child was allegedly electrocuted however the post-mortem will have to confirm that,” Fiji police said.

The boy was a New Zealand citizen but a resident of Australia, they added. A spokesman said that New Zealand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade is offering help to the family.

In a Facebook post, his mother Amber de Thierry said:

“I loved you my son from the moment I found out I was carrying you and will love you forever more”.

The family now faced “the heart breaking job” of bringing their son back to Australia, an online fundraiser set up by a relative said.

“As you could all imagine this is a very devastating loss for our family”.

Cairo would be remembered as “a shy, tough little kid who loved his footy,” the club where he played – the Milperra Colts – wrote in a tribute on Facebook.

The resort will conduct a complete investigation and actively collaborate with police and municipal authorities, the statement said.

Known for its luxurious resorts and hotels, Denarau Island is roughly 5km (3.1 miles) northwest of Nadi, Fiji’s third-largest city.

For the latest updates click this link to redirect to our news section.